WHY EXERCISE AT K9 SWIM & TRIM?
- Some owners are not physically able to walk their dog. We can see to it that your dog gets the recommended amount of exercise they need on a daily to weekly basis.
- Some dogs benefit from non-weight bearing exercise that can best be supplied by swimming.
- Our premises are climate controlled. No danger of overheating, burned footpads, or other injuries in the summer. No fear of slips and falls during winter months.
- Some dogs should not be at dog parks. We exercise each dog individually, eliminating the risk of injury from another dog.
- Car vs. dog accidents are uncommon, but being restricted to indoor exercise eliminates the risk.
- It's fun!!
WHY WEIGHT LOSS AT K9 SWIM & TRIM
- 60% of weight loss is due to diet change, but 40% is due to increased exercise.
- During weight loss, muscle is preserved with exercise.
- Specific rather than general recommendations for calorie intake and ideal body weight based on the latest veterinary information.
- Education on the benefits of weight loss.
- Effective communication that aims to be empathetic, nonjudgmental, and provides clear instructions and goals.
- Once ideal weight is achieved, maintenance diet and exercise recommendations will be given.
- Your dog could end up being a "Biggest Loser" or Jenny Craig for dogs success story!!
WHAT PEOPLE SAY ABOUT K9 SWIM AND TRIM
Bocephus & I like Barb. She is very good w/my Bocephus. Professional but caring. Thanks for all your help with Bocephus' ACL rehab.Lisa Perez, Pup Parent
When we decided to adopt a black lab tripod from CILRA lab rescue, I researched to see if they had special needs and found that swimming was great for their core and leg muscle strength as well as keeping their weight down. Although he was hesitant at first, Dr. Barb's gentle and kind manner instilled his trust in her; and he swam like a black seal. She challenged his competitive spirit and raced him for his beloved tennis balls. Her own enjoyment in swimming with Bopper shows on her face and in her voice. In addition, her experience as a veterinarian and CCRT (to be) helped develop his core and muscle strength and maintain his weight. His rehab and acupuncture vets marvel at his muscle development and flexibility. Bopper is always excited to see Dr. Barb, and he runs to her and rewards her with slur pies (kisses).
Gracie loved her first visit to K9 Swim & Trim, and so did we! She was a bit nervous at first, but Barbara was so gentle and patient with her in the water that she improved by the time her lesson was over! We will be taking her back for more lessons because we want her to stay active, be healthy and have fun. Thank you Barbara for being so great with our girl, we'll see you again soon!Erika Furtado, Gracie's Mom
Gumbo had a great time swimming today! It was an excellent workout for her. I wish we lived closer so we could bring her in more often.Jamie Sariyavong, Gumbo's Mom
Mr. Big truly enjoys swim class. It is very beneficial to his health, happiness, and overall wellbeing. His is not afraid of water, has maintained a good, positive weight, and is social due to swim class. His 2016 goal is 1 class every month for 12 months!Tess & Dan Kossow, Mr. Big's Pup Parents
I can't say enough as to how much better Mojo's hips are doing. His therapy swims have been so beneficialMichele Allen, Mojo's Mom
to his quality of life. Highly recommend K9 Swim & Trim!
Dear Barb, The family of King thanks you so much for all you have done for our dog. I know you were the one that fixed his leg. You have no idea how grateful we are to you. You do great work with the dogs. King loves you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
Dr. Barb is great and very sweet with her furry patients. I think swimming is a great weight loss tool for pets!Anneliese Foy Trotcky, Pup Parent
My dog loves coming- it keeps her fit and you helped her recover!!Lee Cera, Bella's Pup Parent
Dr. Barb is very patient and caring with her patients (even though water may not be their thing). I would highly recommend her.Kathy Muruato