WHY EXERCISE AT K9 SWIM & TRIM?
- Some owners are not physically able to walk their dog. We can see to it that your dog gets the recommended amount of exercise they need on a daily to weekly basis.
- Some dogs benefit from non-weight bearing exercise that can best be supplied by swimming.
- Our premises are climate controlled. No danger of overheating, burned footpads, or other injuries in the summer. No fear of slips and falls during winter months.
- Some dogs should not be at dog parks. We exercise each dog individually, eliminating the risk of injury from another dog.
- Car vs. dog accidents are uncommon, but being restricted to indoor exercise eliminates the risk.
- It's fun!!
WHY WEIGHT LOSS AT K9 SWIM & TRIM
- 60% of weight loss is due to diet change, but 40% is due to increased exercise.
- During weight loss, muscle is preserved with exercise.
- Specific rather than general recommendations for calorie intake and ideal body weight based on the latest veterinary information.
- Education on the benefits of weight loss.
- Effective communication that aims to be empathetic, nonjudgmental, and provides clear instructions and goals.
- Once ideal weight is achieved, maintenance diet and exercise recommendations will be given.
- Your dog could end up being a "Biggest Loser" or Jenny Craig for dogs success story!!
WHAT PEOPLE SAY ABOUT K9 SWIM AND TRIM
My dog loves coming- it keeps her fit and you helped her recover!!Lee Cera, Bella's Pup Parent
Barb- You know what a happy boy Brady is! And how pain free, thanks to you - love the holistic healing after having 2 labs with ACL tears. SO much better without surgery. I will get out there again soon with him- we miss you!Cheryl McCarthy, Pup Parent
Dr. Barb is very patient and caring with her patients (even though water may not be their thing). I would highly recommend her.Kathy Muruato
Dear Barb, The family of King thanks you so much for all you have done for our dog. I know you were the one that fixed his leg. You have no idea how grateful we are to you. You do great work with the dogs. King loves you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
Because of you I'm the dog I was supposed to be. I can do things now that 6 months ago seemed impossible. Thank you for your help.Doug Ploen for Riley, Riley's Owner
Swimming has changed Shiloh's life by giving him the needed exercise without the stress as I continue to search for someone to pinpoint his leg issue. For a dog who had never been in water he adapted well mainly due to your kindness and his sense of security with you. He trusts you to help him as do I. I'm glad I found you as our experience has been a positive one. P.S. Thank you for helping me feel better.Shiloh and Dawn Rumoro
Gumbo had a great time swimming today! It was an excellent workout for her. I wish we lived closer so we could bring her in more often.Jamie Sariyavong, Gumbo's Mom
Mr. Big truly enjoys swim class. It is very beneficial to his health, happiness, and overall wellbeing. His is not afraid of water, has maintained a good, positive weight, and is social due to swim class. His 2016 goal is 1 class every month for 12 months!Tess & Dan Kossow, Mr. Big's Pup Parents
Bocephus & I like Barb. She is very good w/my Bocephus. Professional but caring. Thanks for all your help with Bocephus' ACL rehab.Lisa Perez, Pup Parent
Dr. Barb is great and very sweet with her furry patients. I think swimming is a great weight loss tool for pets!Anneliese Foy Trotcky, Pup Parent